How do I install my Doona in the car?
You may find detailed instructions on How To install the Doona here:
- In the user guide located at its designated slot at the back of the Doona or on our website. Europe: page 35. US: page 45.
- For more information watch the How To Use videos.
Can I install the Doona car seat in a forward facing position?
No. The Doona car seat intended for rearward facing only.
When using Doona in the car, how should the Doona handle be positioned?
When installing the Doona in the car, with or without a base, tilt the handle toward the vehicle seat in an anti-rebound position.
Can I install the Doona Car Seat in the front seat of my car?
You may install the Doona car seat in the car as long as you:
- NEVER use the Doona Car Seat on a passenger seat with an active frontal airbag!
- NEVER install the Doona Car Seat on a rear-facing vehicle seat or on a side-facing vehicle seat.
How do I install the Doona in the car without the base?
For correct installation of Doona in the car please refer to the User Guide:
Europe: page 35.
US: page 45.
How do I know if the shoulder straps are not too tight for my baby?
A snug strap should not allow any slack. It lies in a relatively straight line without sagging. It does not press on the child’s flesh or push the child’s body into an unnatural position.
How to adjust the shoulder straps height?
- Disconnect the shoulder straps from the metal harness plate located at the back of the car seat.
- Pull out the shoulder straps from the front and remove the shoulder strap pads from them.
- Thread the shoulder straps through the appropriate shoulder strap slots. IMPORTANT! Shoulder straps must be routed at the same height or slightly below the child’s shoulders.
- Reconnect the shoulder straps to the metal harness plate at the back of the car seat. IMPORTANT! Make sure straps are not twisted.
- IMPORTANT! The shoulder straps, attached to the metal plate, MUST be routed BETWEEN the metal bar and the seat body.
What is the correct height of the shoulder straps for my baby?
Ensure the shoulder straps are inserted through the shoulder strap slots at or just below the child’s shoulders.
My baby is only a few months old and the harness straps feel too tight, what should I do?
- Make sure that the harness straps, at the back of the Doona, are threaded between the Doona body and the metal bar.
- Check if the baby has outgrown the Infant Insert and remove it.
- Make sure the shoulder straps are not twisted.
- Verify that the shoulder straps are threaded in the correct height for the baby’s shoulders.
The handle does not extend what should I do?
The Doona handle is designed to prevent misuse, therefore it can be extended only when the handle is in rear facing stroller position.
To rotate the handle into a stroller mode, press both white buttons simultaneously (located on both sides of the handles) and then rotate the handle to rear facing stroller position.
To extend the handle press the white button at the top of the handle and then pull the handle to towards you.
The handle does not rotate what should I do?
To rotate the handle, press both white buttons simultaneously (located on both sides of the handles) and then rotate the handle to the desired position.