How to Clean Your Doona Car Seat & Stroller and Liki Tike
So, you purchased (or are thinking about getting) our Doona Car Seat & Stroller or Liki Trike, congratulations! At Doona, we work hard to create some of the most cutting-edge, stylish, and functional baby and toddler gear on the market, making parenting simple for families across the globe. From our Car Seat & Stroller, which transforms at the click of a button, to our Liki Trike, the most compact toddler tricycle with five modes of use, our innovative products have made everyday adventures of parenthood a breeze.
If you've purchased either of these products, you'll want to take care of them properly because we all know that where babies and toddlers go, mess follows! From spilled milk to baby sick, crumbs, and poo explosions, dirt finds its way into every nook and cranny. We want to ensure that you get the most out of each product, so we've made it easy with our handy care and cleaning guide. Read these simple tips to keep your Doona Car Seat & Stroller and Liki Trike looking and working great longer!
Caring for your Doona Car Seat & Stroller
Protecting your Doona Car Seat & Stroller is easy by following these simple care instructions:
- Drops & damages: If you suspect that you’ve damaged, dropped, or bumped your Doona Car Seat & Stroller, be sure to check that all the parts are in good condition and that your stroller works as intended.
- Seat Covers: To ensure your Doona works for as long as possible, always use it with its seat cover in place.
- Spare Parts: We’ve designed our Car Seat & Stroller combo carefully, so you should never try using any replacement parts from other companies, even if they seem similar! Check out our spare parts or contact our friendly customer services team.
Cleaning your Doona Car Seat & Stroller
Washing, scrubbing, and cleaning your Doona Car Seat & Stroller is straightforward. Follow these tips to keep yours looking pristine:
- Seat Cover: You can remove and wash your Doona seat cover. To avoid any damage, machine wash on cold, using a mild detergent, followed by hang drying. Be sure to follow the instructions on the washing label located on the seat pad. Never use bleaches, strong detergents, or iron and tumble dry, so your seat cover will last longer.
- Canopy and shoulder pads: You can clean your Doona Car Seat & Stroller canopy and shoulder pads the same way as the seat cover — be gentle when handling it.
- Accessories: Caring for your cold-weather essentials, including our Winter Cover and Footmuff is pain-free, and they can be placed in the washing machine. Always check the labels on each accessory beforehand.
- Structure & surfaces: Several parts make up your Doona, including the wheels, handlebars, and support structure. To clean, grab a wet washcloth with warm, soapy water and gently scrub off all excess debris, and it's good as new!
When not in use for an extended period, store your Doona in a safe and dry place out of direct sunlight is the Doona Travel Bag. Made from durable, water-repellent, rip-stop fabric, the Doona will be kept in the best condition. Plus, it's the perfect and easiest way to transport your Doona when traveling.
Caring for your Liki Trike
Liki Trike is the world’s most compact folding trike and the perfect way to help your growing toddler have fun while learning independence. Check out how to care for yours below:
- Damage: To maintain your Liki Trike, check for any damage, excessive wear, and missing or loose parts before each use. If you find any damage or unaccounted pieces to your trike, replace them as soon as possible.
- Lubrication: To keep your little one rolling along happily, lubricate all moving parts occasionally, using a few drops of PTFE lubricant, which can help reduce wear, lower friction, and protect all moving parts of the trike.
- Off-road use: Liki Trike is designed to handle stable, flat surfaces such as concrete pavements, driveways, or wooden decks. We suggest avoiding grass, mud, sand, and areas with excessive leaves on the ground.
- Storage: When storing your Liki Trike, never keep it in a humid or waterlogged environment; make sure it’s in a clean, dry place.
Cleaning your Liki Trike
Like our Doona Car Seat & Stroller, cleaning your Liki Trike is simple, straightforward, and fun! Follow these tips to keep your Liki looking its best:
- Textiles: Cleaning the upper and lower seat pads, including the canopy, is simple. They are all machine washable, and we ask you to use a mild detergent. That means no bleaches or strong detergents and hang to dry.
- Structures & surfaces: Cleaning the different structural and support areas of your Liki Trike is super easy. Wet a washcloth with slightly soapy, warm water, and gently scrub the handlebars, wheels, cup holder, and pedal until all visible debris is removed.
For helpful “How to Videos” on removing the canopy and textiles or seat cover and re-fitting the fabric, check out our support page. That’s it! You’ve now got all the information you need to keep your Doona Car Seat & Stroller and Liki Trike looking and performing their best for as long as possible. If you haven’t purchased these products yet, now’s your chance! From our Doona Core Collection and Midnight Edition to our Liki Trike S1 and S5, we have a style and colour for everyone.